Early Years Centres are about communities working together to ensure families have access to services that promote the health, well-being and development of children aged 0-6 years. There are currently 47 communities throughout BC which have been designated as having Early Years Centres, including Fort St. John. Some of these communities provide their services virtually or they have physical space. Early Years Centre’s build on what already exists in communities.
Children 0-6 years
The Early Years Centre works closely with the Family Friendly Coalition to bring you free or low cost family friendly events such as:
- FSJ Loves Families Week
- Families in Motion
- Early Years Health Round-Up
- Family Friendly Zone at various community events
Some of the new Initiatives for the coming year:
- Buddy Program for isolated caregivers
- Community-based resources based on topics that matter most to families
- Pop up play sessions
- Transportation support
- Outreach to outlying reservations
- Ages and Stages Screening visit
Do you need help connecting to community services or have questions about what is available for you and your family in Fort St. John? If so please fill out our Information Request form and the Early Years Centre Coordinator will be happy to assist you.